If you can't tell by my lack of cleaning tips on this blog, I hate to clean! It's one of those necessary evils in life, and I occasionally pray that a Jetson-style house will be invented within my lifetime. (No, the Roomba or whatever it's called ain't good enough...I'm talking an entire self-cleaning house!)
I'm ashamed to admit it, but there are nights when the dishes are left until the next morning....okay, okay...sometimes they're left a little longer. (shhh!) Instead of waiting for a particularly nasty pot or pan to soak, my husband introduced me to this little trick.
Add a little water to said nasty pot/pan, and heat the water to a boil on the stove. Let it boil for about 5 minutes...longer if you think it's necessary. Drain the water and let the pan cool for a minute or two. But before it's completely cool, start cleaning it. Most of the dried on/burnt on gunk will clean off w/very little effort.
It saves time. It saves an S.O.S. pad from the landfill. It can save your pot/pan, and it saves your sanity. Enjoy!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment