Due to my "mom" schedule, I usually work a few nights a week, but I have the luxury of doing my job from home. We recently transitioned my office (the 3rd bedroom) into Jordi's room and moved the office downstairs, which I hate, but I have a laptop that I can take wherever. Most evenings, I'll make the announcement, "Mommy's going to go work." Then I stretch out on our bed and set the laptop on my lap.
Ray, like most 2-year olds, is a great imitator. A couple days ago, she announces, "Go to work, Mommy. Bye!" She ran off to our bedroom, and I didn't hear a peep out of her for about 5 minutes. When I checked on her, she was sitting on our bed, so I asked her what she was doing. She said, "Working, Mommy." As I moved in closer, I could see that she had her little pretend laptop, made out of cardboard, on her lap, and she was furiously typing...just like mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment