Saturday, August 9, 2008

Never a dull moment at our house

We were enjoying a quiet Thursay evening when all of sudden...THUMP! We thought one of the neighbor boys hit the house with their football, but we discovered that wasn't the case at all. One of our utility lines was sagging nearly to the ground. The neighbor boys were indeed playing football and saw the whole thing go down. Apparently, an 18-wheeler traveling nearly snapped the line off our house. At first, we thought it was the electrical line, but then we realized it was just the cable line. No biggie - we have a dish. A supervisor for the local electric company stopped on his way home to make sure everything was okay and to help traffic get underneath the line without snagging it again.

Friday evening, little Jordi's stomach decided that it wanted to churn...all night. I took Ray to grandpa & grandma's (something we'd planned beforehand), and Daddy stayed with Jordi. She vomited or dry heaved every 20 minutes from about 6-11:30pm. Ray was about the same age when she got her first stomach bug, and it just rips my heart out to see them so helpless and weak at such a young age. She didn't end up settling down "for the night" until about 3am this morning. Thankfully all is well today.

But bright & early Saturday morning, hubby had to head out for work. He doesn't normally work weekends, so this wasn't a welcome situation in my eyes...especially not after the night before. I was told that the job would have him home before noon, but I knew better. He didn't get home until about 5pm. I'm running on nothing but caffeine right now, and as soon as I stop typing, I'm sure to pass out.

This weekend was supposed to be a lazy, do-as-you-please kind of weekend. The kind of weekend we haven't seen in awhile. When I do return to full-time work, I can say without reservation that one of my primary strengths is the ability to adapt. You have to be flexible when you have kids!

No comments: