Day 26 of the challenge, and I'm feeling it. I'm tired most of the time, and all I want is a little pick-me-up. Then I ask myself if I want the reward more...and I do!! They say it takes 21 days to replace a bad habit with a good one. Poppycock. If I had a container of ice cream in the freezer right now, it would be gone by tomorrow night. Maybe my addiction to sugary treats will diminish even more in the last 30 days of the challenge, but I can't imagine that happening at this point.
Today though, I'm giddy as a school girl. In less than 48 hours, I will be awarded my "free" day, which means I can consume sugar for the entire day. Obviously, sugar won't be the only ingredient in my diet unless I want to end up in the hospital. But for this one day, I am released from the challenge without objection from hubby. He gave me this "free" day because the state fair and my birthday land smack dab in the middle of the 60 days. On Monday, we'll be heading to the state fair, and I cannot wait to indulge in some of my favorite sugary treats!!! As luck would have it, the monthly women's group from our church will be meeting that evening at the best ice cream place around. Since I'm "free" on that day, I'll get to indulge in my favorite ice cream that night too. Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy day!!!!!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment