Today is the first day of school for kids in our area, and I'm thrilled! The beginning of school means an end to noisy neighborhood kids. Actually, the kids around here are pretty good...no noisier than any other their age. They seem to have a knack, however, for playing noisy games at the wrong time. Every afternoon, during naptime, they play baseball or football. And several evenings this summer, they started shooting hoops at 10pm or later. I don't deny that I'm thrilled that it will be coming to an end for awhile!
I am bummed that the days are getting cooler, which means fewer trips to the pool. There are still lots of things the girls and I can do. In fact, autumn is my favorite time of year, and I'm looking forward to the new adventures we'll have. I'm armed with a list of activities (which I'll post here) that I think Rachel will really like.
PS - Our dog seems to be doing better. She eats regularly and has regained some of her spunk. The vet will redo her lab work next week, so we're anxious to know whether she's improving or in decline. We obviously hope for the former.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment