I have a hard time thinking of various ways to entertain Ray with activities that we can enjoy together. I fancy myself a creative person but not at a 2-year old level. Thanks to a few websites, I have a full list of activities that we can do together or that she can do alone. I'm in the middle of collecting my arsenal of supplies, which are mostly every day items. Having the supplies handy all the time will give her the flexibility to choose which activity she'd like to do. I'm sharing these activities with anyone who, like me, needs some help.
Filter Art
Supplies: coffee filters, washable markers, spray bottle of water and/or a cup of water and paintbrush, something to cover your work surface (optional)
Time: 2 minutes or 2 hours...however long your little one is interested
Mess level: Similar to painting with water colors or finger paint
Directions: I suggest flattening the coffee filters in a book the day before, but that is not necessary. Using the markers, create your masterpiece on the coffee filter. When finished, spray the filter with water. The water will make the colors blend creating a tie-die effect. Or the child could use a cup of water and paintbrush to smoosh the colors around. Hang the filter somewhere to dry. Clean up the mess; the colors will bleed through onto your surface. When dry, hang the filters in the window. They make great sun catchers!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment