Monday, July 28, 2008
Sleep deprived in Iowa
The sugar fast continues, and I find myself worn out by early evening...every evening. I'm also not sleeping well, so I'm sure the combination of the two isn't helping my energy level. Hubby & I enjoyed some time off this weekend when relatives came to watch the girls. THANK YOU to my aunt & uncle for making the long trip here to give us a break...we needed it! Despite the ample amount of time we had to rest this weekend, I'm still exhausted today. I've had a few people ask if I feel better since giving up sugar, and I really don't. I think my body is still going through withdrawl. BUT I am very happy to say that the cravings are beginning to diminish. Before the challenge, I gave no thought to devouring a ton (I won't specify exactly how much 'cuz it's too embarassing) of ice cream, but now that doesn't even sound good to me. Dr. Phil says that our bodies crave whatever we feed it, so my goal is to break that cycle. When I was pregnant with Ray, I could stomach only fruits & vegetables, and after a few weeks, I found myself craving them. But I still can't look at a sugary treat without my heart breaking and my stomach aching, so I've got some work to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment