Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doing the Chicken Dance

My poor hubby and daughter are on the verge of mutiny in the kitchen. Every weekend I plan a weekly menu that saves money and gives my family a variety of food. I'd like to think that my menu planning has been successful...up to this point. In my infinite wisdom (and without planning it), I managed to serve chicken the last three nights in a row!!

The fam isn't exactly digging my menu planning skills this week though. I made chicken salad on Monday night in order to use up scraps from a whole chicken I made last week. If I'd waited later in the week, the meat would've spoiled. I served chicken alfredo on Tuesday night. I was trying to be a thoughtful wife. Chicken alfredo is my hubby's favorite, and he's been requesting it for awhile. It didn't even dawn on me that I was serving chicken again until hubby made a joke about it. He wasn't laughing tonight though when he walked in the door and smelled...you guessed it...chicken. I made arrangements to bring dinner to a family who just had a new baby. I made chicken legs because it was easy and because I could make enough of this one dish to serve both families. Ray refused to eat it tonight. Go figure!

No comments: