Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Jonesing for Sugar
I've nearly completed 3 whole days without sugar, and I'm starting to feel it. I picked the wrong time of year to take on this challenge! Although I could live on ice cream year round, summertime brings out the beast in me. Yesterday was SO hot, and all I could think of was how nice it would be to indulge in a frosty, creamy dish of ice cream. I could barely watch Food Network because they kept talking about summer desserts! And every ad on TV seemed to be advertising some kind of cool summer delight!! AAUUGHH!!! But despite the temptations, I have not given up. I've stayed busy, which is important, but now I'm afraid of how I'll handle next week when things slow down. The hardest time of day is at night because I've created a habit of indulging after the little ones go to bed. On the positive side, I'm tired much earlier in the evening, which means going to be earlier...which means more rest...which is something I need more of. I am tired throughout the day though, which isn't a good thing with two little ones to chase after. I keep looking down the road to the end of the challenge though, and I see myself better off. As a matter of fact, I find myself thinking of future "fasts" that could only improve my life. I won't get ahead of myself. In my old age, my self-control isn't what it used to be. But this could be the first step on the long journey of reclaiming good health for myself and my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment