Last Thursday, I packed up the girls and headed to Sioux City, IA, to visit relatives by ourselves. We left Daddy at home. The girls did really well considering how much they were in the car, how hot it was and that their sleep schedule was off. We had a good time visiting, playing & laughing - thanks to my relatives for putting us up and feeding us!! Meanwhile back at the ranch, Daddy moved the neighbor's swingset into our yard and finished building some shelves for me in one of our closets. Ray was excited by the new toy in our backyard, and I was thrilled to see the shelves that I've wanted for the last few years. It was a good homecoming!
The morning before we left, I noticed that the robin babies were flying out of the nest. I was so excited because I thought I might miss it while we were gone. One little baby didn't fly off for some reason but took sanctuary in our evergreen bushes. At one point while packing the car, I couldn't find him anywhere. On a hunch, I went around the south side of our house to our backyard...the path my cat usually takes when she gets out. Sure enough, the little stinker had hopped through the fence. My heart stopped because our backyard isn't empty; we have a Siberean Husky who doesn't like to share her yard with anyone but us. I ran around the other side of the fence to shoo the baby off, but the little one caught the dog's eye. She quickly chased it down and pounced on it - end of baby. :(
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment