Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Busiest Week of the Year

Where oh where was my brain when I accepted hubby's challenge to be sugar-free for 60 days?! I definitely was not looking at my calendar. On top of being worn out from this month's activities, our church hosted their annual VBS event this week, which results in a very, very long work week for me. Add to that the fact that my "train" pulled into the station and that I was surrounded by sugary treats all week long, and you've got a recipe for disaster. But I'm very happy to report that despite the hectic schedule and constant temptation, I successfully completed my first week of the sugar fast. It wasn't easy, and it definitely wasn't pretty. But I made it through week one...only 7 more to go. Yippie yeehaw.

I wish I could breathe slowly and deeply now that this week is over, but more lies ahead. We have relatives coming from out of town to relieve us for the weekend, which is sooooo cool, but my mind is reeling over what still needs to be done before then. Needless to say, the first opportunity I will get to breathe slowly and deeply will be when hubby and I walk out the door for our kid-free weekend, which I am really, really looking forward to.

No comments: