I made the brilliant decision to give Ray her first ice cream cone tonight about 30 minutes before bed. We're in the middle of a fierce thunderstorm tonight, so she was a little scared and didn't want to stay in bed. I let her sit with me on the couch until the worst of it passed, and boy was that little girl hyper!! I watched one of those "truth or myth" episodes of 20/20 awhile ago. One of the things discussed...sugar makes children hyper - truth or myth? The so-called experts said that it doesn't, but all I need is to see the effect it has on my child to know that it does. Expert-schmepfert.
I'm a little worried about some other babies tonight. We have a robin in the tree in our front yard - planted the year that Ray was born. She laid eggs about a month ago, and they hatched. But that's when all the storms hit Iowa, and they didn't make it. At one point, I tried to help her out by moving the nest lower and by returning the babies to the nest every time they fell out. The momma didn't seem to mind; she kept coming back to care for them. I was disappointed when they died but was encouraged when I saw her rebuilding her nest a few days later. This morning, I noticed that her new eggs just hatched....I could see just a hint of fuzzy feathers underneath her. And of course, it storms again tonight!!! The wind hasn't been too bad, but we had several gusts that whipped the tree around. So hopefully all is well with the robin family. I'd like to see at least one little birdie make it out of her nest this year.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment