Saturday, February 21, 2009

Don't worry, be happy

In looking back on previous posts, I realize that someone might get the impression that I harbor a lot of repressed anger. And where politics and society are concerned, that's probably a fair assessment. But my every day life - although filled with it's own frustrations - is a happy one.

I love it when Jordi flashes her new teeth in a smile that scrunches up her whole face. I love it when Ray gives me a gentle kiss on an "owee"...which is usually a minor scratch of some kind. I love it when Jordi gets so excited about watching "Bear and the Big Blue House" that she falls over from laughing and dancing too hard. I love to watch Ray go from frustrated to proud when she finishes a puzzle all by herself. I love watching my two girls interact with each other...when it doesn't involve fighting or jealousy.

And I can't help but be thankful every night to know I didn't miss any of it.

I love when hubby & I have a few minutes for a meaningful adult conversation that has nothing to do with the girls. I love the time we spend praying together almost every night. I enjoy the friendships that I've been able to rekindle via Facebook. And I enjoy the time I spend every night reading my Bible in order to strengthen my Christian walk and my relationship with my Heavenly Father....who makes all the above possible.

Make no mistake about it. Even though I am angry with what's happening in our government and our society, I am one happy camper. I may not have all the extras. I may not have a ton of time on my hands. I may not live the kind of life that someone else would envy. But what I do have is so sweet that I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am living a very blessed life....and for that, I am truly happy.

1 comment:

babs said...

I can vouch for you! Through all the trials you've been through, you've kept your spirits up - all the way up to the heavens! You've been an inspiration to me and others on how faith and frugality (in a Dave Ramsey sort of way) can go a long way on a tight budget. Love you, girlfriend!