I heard something on the radio today that I think fully describes the direction our nation is headed. When the number of people riding in the wagon outnumbers the people who are pulling it, the wagon will stop moving eventually.
I don't believe we're there yet, but that's where we're headed with every piece of legislation that takes money out of the pockets of those who work hard and puts it into the pockets of people who do not. Don't mistake my meaning. I understand and empathize with those who are physically or mentally unable to work for a living, and I think it the job of charities, churches and individuals to help support them through their own generosity. I do not think it is the function of our goverment to take the money from us through taxation and give it to people who are able to scam the entire system. Unfortunately the number of those type of people is on the rise.
And unfortunately, the professional politicians in Washington, in our state and in our communities don't give a crap about the well-being of our system or those who need assistance to get by. They are interested only in the cash flow and the accumulation of power....all the while further burdening those who works their butts off to bring home enough to ensure the well-being of their own families.
AND unfortunately, more and more people are wanting to get out from under that burden and hop into the wagon....e.g. universal healthcare, financially rescuing those from their stupidity and greed, so-called stimulus packages, etc.
More government and more hand-outs is not the answer for our country's financial crisis. That leads to the road called socialism and evenually communism...ideals that our country used to despise. Responsibility, hard work, sacrifice, knowledge and the free market system are the keys to rescuing ourselves from the current situation we're in.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment