This week, my husband & I managed to contract our fourth or fifth bug since August!!! It's so totally frustrating that I think we'll both go mad if we get sick again this season. It zaps our energy. It interrupts our schedules. It deprives our kids of quality time. It's just plain crazy.
Everyone keeps telling us...yup, kids drag home everything they come in contact with. Except that I don't think it's the girls who are making us sick. We've been sick; they haven't! Actually, both of them have gotten a little congested or had the sniffles over the last couple months. But until this week, they haven't been affected by the viruses like we have. (They currently both have the symptoms of a typical cold and are suffering through it with us.)
So the question has to be asked...why are we getting sick, and they're not???
The best we can figure is that we take better care of them than we take care of ourselves. We don't get enough sleep. We don't take supplemental vitamins. We don't always eat our veggies...or eat well like we make our 2-year old. We drink lots of coffee and soda as compared to their juice, water and milk.
So I guess the mystery has been solved...time for momma and poppa to follow the directives that they've been dishing out.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment