We talk ourselves into taking one big trip a year...just to remind ourselves why we don't travel very often. The last three years (since having kids), our big trip has been to Minneapolis to visit my brother and sister-in-law. And all three times, the trip has been less than ideal. Ray doesn't typically sleep or eat well and is antsy the whole time. Because she doesn't sleep well, neither do we, which means the weekend is exhausting for us...especially the drive home. Then it seems as though it takes another week to recover. This time was no different except it was Jordi who caused problems. She was literally up all night on Friday, which made the rest of the weekend very difficult. We did have some good times though, and I think Ray enjoyed the adventure. Despite everything, she was really pretty good the whole weekend. THANK GOD!
I realize that we need to travel more often to get the girls used to traveling, but at this point, I'm not sure when we'll be hitting the road again. I hope it will get easier with each passing year....that's my "Happy Path" anyway....but only time will tell.
All I know is that I'm going to need at least a few days to recover this time. Especially since I came home with some kind of stomach bug that's with me still today. Ick!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment