Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Teeny Shorts and Rancid Rice...Poor Ray

My husband was dressing Ray for church last Sunday while I got myself ready. I heard him say, "Wow, this shirt is way too small." I picked her outfit, and I thought the comment was odd. That outfit was definitely not too small last time, but the way kids grow, who knows? When I walked into the room, I saw him dressing her in one of Jordi's outfits. Sure it was too small! Jordi wears 6 month sizes, and Ray wears 3T or 4T sizes. I laughed at him as I told him to check the tag. Silly Daddy! Today, I realized that I'm not immune to such gaffs. Ray soaked her shorts before naptime, so I put her in a dry pair. I noticed they were a little snug, and she even said, "Too tight." But I thought they were okay once I got them past her diaper bottom. A few hours later during her post-nap diaper change, I glanced at the tag and read, "6 months". Nice...I made her wear a pair of her sister's shorts. In my defense, the shorts did not look like infant shorts!

Laugh at me all you like. Here's something that kept me laughing all night tonight.

I fed Jordi some carrots yesterday afternoon, and Ray wouldn't stop bugging me about it. She didn't understand that they were mushed carrots and kept telling me, "No, mommy, not carrots." I finally asked her if she wanted a bite, which she did. After that, she stopped arguing with me; they were indeed carrots. So tonight I fed Jordi some rice cereal, and Ray asked for a bite. She was all excited about it and was smiling until the borderline kindergarten paste hit her tongue. I swear, she gagged so hard I thought she was going to vomit. The stuff came flying back out at me!! She was a little stunned at first, but then she started giggling along with me when she realized that it was pretty funny. She tried to tell baby that her cereal was icky, but Jordi wasn't phased. I asked Ray a few minutes later if she wanted another bite to which she immediately refused. I barely got the question out before she said no.

No comments: