You have to admit it. McCain's choice for VP is brilliant. I don't know much about her politics or if she will withstand the heat over the long haul. But by naming a woman as his running mate, Hilary has got to be fuming, and that makes me giggle. The "glass ceiling" just might get broken, but it ain't gonna be her. Get ready for an interest campaign, y'all. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!
On another note...those who know me personally know that I am a conservative. I've given up referring to myself as a "Republican" because I believe my party has let me down in the last 10 years. I'm not hopeful that will change any time soon.
But this is my platform to express something that totally bugs me about our general population. Too many of you are drinking the Kool-Aid. You get excited by cheesy, emotional campaign ads. Your main source of information is the mainstream media. You get all warm & fuzzy when you listen to warm fuzzy speeches. You do not do your homework on the candidates, AND you do not think for yourselves...you simply repeat what you hear.
The success or demise of this country is NOT in the hands of one individual. It's in our hands, but the sad fact is that we've handed that power over to elected officials who, for all their talk of working for us, go to Washington and carry out their own agendas.
I propose that every voter should at the very least:
1. Judge a candidate's potential by looking at his past political behavior...voting record, speeches, etc. In fact, watch things that you normally wouldn't. I, for example, did watch some of the Democratic National Convention. I don't want to get my information solely from conservative sources. I want to hear it from the horse's mouth.
2. Decide which candidate best represents your values - not just because of his/her party affiliation. (Perfect example would be politicians/candidates who are RINOs...Republicans In Name Only)
3. THINK, think, think for yourselves!! When a candidate talks of more support to other nations, more hand-outs and freebies here, etc.....he/she is talking about taking more of YOUR money. The federal government is funded by us, girls & boys.
I had a thought the other day...those who are in power now were probably coming of age in the 60s. Isn't this is the generation who told each other to not trust the government? So why, now that they are in power, are they trying to expand government at every turn??
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment