Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There but for the grace of God...

My hubby & I became aware of another family's situation that makes me: a) grateful that my children are not teenagers (yet); b) want to hug & kiss my kids every minute of the day; c) remember why I am at home with my children instead of working full-time; d) pray that my girls grow up to make good decisions; and e) realize that we could easily be in the same situation in 12-13 years. We have goals for ourselves as parents, and we have expectations for our girls. But we also realize that with all the good parenting, our girls may still make a lot of really, really bad choices. That's why when I see a screaming child in a store, I don't say...why doesn't someone shut that kid up?! Instead I say, thank God my child isn't doing the screaming....today.

No comments: