Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One Fine Day

If you've seen the movie "One Fine Day", you'll know what I'm talking about when I refer to Michelle Pfiefer's character's purse. She was like Felix the Cat with his magic bag of tricks; everything and the kitchen sink was in that thing. That is not the kind of mom I am. Whenever we go out, I have to run through a checklist in my mind to make sure we have everything we'll need, and because my memory isn't what it used to be, I always forget something. No different today as Jordi, Ray & I headed out to a local wading pool for some summer fun. Before walking out the door, I went through the checklist. Extra swim and regular diapers...check. Change of clothes...check. Beach towels and SPF 100,000,000...check. Sun hat so that Jordi doesn't go blind in the relentless sun...oops. Extra juice for Ray so that she stays well hydrated...oops. Lunch for Ray since we would be there over lunchtime...oops. Sometimes I can be really dense, but usually things turn out fine. Today was no different. Jordi managed well w/o the hat, and our friends shared their lunch w/Ray. Call the parent police to report my unorganized parenting. :)


I noticed this afternoon that our robin babies were poking their little beaks over the side of the nest, so I snapped a picture. They're just as ugly/cute as the first babies. I hope we're around when momma finally teaches them how to fly. How exciting!! If you click on the image to see the larger image, you can see one little baby looking right at the camera, and another fuzzy head underneath the momma's tummy.

PS - No, Ray hasn't passed the rock yet.

No comments: