I cannot believe it's been over a year since I've posted anything to my blog! Our life has been quite hectic in that time, so my absence has not been because of boredom!! Since my last entry, the number of kids increased, and the amount of free time decreased. But I'm going to give this another shot...not because I want to join the masses and create yet another insignificant blog. Admittedly, my writing skills are less than perfect, but I enjoy the process. It also stimulates my brain beyond the non-stop "mommy" requests...AND it helps jog my memory for little things that might otherwise get forgotten admist those non-stop "mommy" requests.
Just in case, I will begin by introducing myself again to the anonymous masses. About 18 months ago, I left Corporate America behind me. At that time, I remembered a conversation with a college classmate. We discussed where we would be in 10 years. I proudly exclaimed that I would be a CEO of some high-tech company. He smiled one of those smiles and said, "You would make a better mommy than a CEO." He quickly added that he didn't think I could backstab and scratch my way to the top. I couldn't argue. At twenty-one, I sure as heck wasn't going to be a SAHM. Of course, I was in a failing marriage and had just graduated from college. Funny how fourteen years in the "real world" and the love of a great man changes you.
My "mommy experiment" didn't start the day I quit full-time work. It started at approximately 8pm on February 1, 2006...when my daughter, Ray, took her first breath. I was a working mom for nearly a year, and it was not what I wanted for my life. My hubby and I worked very hard and sacrificed a lot in that year in order to move to Phase Two of the mommy experiment, which involved me becoming a SAHM. I was a technical geek in Corporate America for about 14 years, so the transition from that to SAHM was difficult. I continue to struggle even today! I'm not perfect, but I try to do my best for my daughters every day. Will I ever get it right? Who knows...stay tuned!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment