Friday, January 26, 2007

De-gunk the Microwave

I'm ashamed to admit that I have neglected household duties in the past few months because of time constraints. I hate, hate, hate to clean, but it is a necessary evil...and also my responsibility second only to caring for Monkey. I love to discover new ways of cleaning without loading my cupboards with a lot of chemicals. Sometimes the tips I find don't work very well, so in an effort to weed out those bad tips, I will be posting only those tips with which I have success. Enjoy!

If you're like me, you'll wear your arm out trying to clean the inside of your microwave. Next time, wet a washcloth/dish towel and nuke it for 30-45 seconds. Be careful; the cloth will get hot!! When cool enough to handle, use it to wipe away the gunk. The steam from the cloth helps loosen everything. If your microwave looks like mine (up until a few minutes ago, that is), you may still need to swipe the inside for the last bit of food/grease. This method has saved me lots of time and cleaner!

No comments: