Sunday, February 14, 2010

The End in Sight?

On the eve of a new week, I can't help but wonder. Is this the end? Is this the end to days, weeks and months of praying & wondering? Hubby starts his new job in the morning. The best way to describe our attitudes would be reserved excitement. The job is temporary. It's a try-before-you-buy situation. If they like him, they will offer him a permanent position at the company. If not, they'll let him go after his contract is up. So his nerves are wound tight; a lot is riding on him and on this job.

At this point, neither of us want this to be a just temporary job. But however it turns out, we're at peace and know that God will provide. We'll continue to pray for the best and for wisdom. Who can go wrong w/the kind of wisdom and blessings that comes only from God? He has definitely been good to us; I wish I could explain all that's happened in our lives over the last six months. We love to brag on Him and what He's done. And we'll continue to find every opportunity to do so!

I'm also praying long & hard that this temp job converts to permanent soon. Last year, we saved a lot of money to pay for necessary home projects, new appliances, a new couch and some extra things we've been wanting for a long time. Fortunately (or unfortunately) when he lost his job, we hadn't spent that savings yet, and we agreed not to until he found a new job...just in case we needed the cash to pay bills or buy food. Thankfully almost all of that savings is still there!! We agreed that we would still not spend the money until he gets a permanent job offer, but I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. When he does get that permanent job, we'll be going on a spending spree!! :) The only exception might be the purchase of a new fridge right now. Our state will be offering a "cash for clunker appliances" deal starting next month. Funds are limited, so we have to act fast. Since we have the cash to buy a new fridge outright and because we could save several hundred dollars through the program, we just might have to spend a few bucks before he gets that permanent job. You have no idea how happy I am about that prospect. I HATE my refrigerator!!!! I also despise my broken down 15-year old couch, but since it technically holds our butts in relative comfort (e.g. off the floor), I can't argue that we have to buy a new one right this minute. We've waited six months already; what's a few more months?

That's all inconsequential though to what will happen tomorrow. MY HUSBAND IS GOING BACK TO WORK, and I cannot be more excited for him!! I'm going to miss him greatly, but I am so happy that he will find himself on a new path in the morning. And I have a feeling (deep down in my bones) that tomorrow is the start of something super, super awesome. Whether or not you believe, let me be the first to tell you that God is good all the time...good times, bad times, easy times, hard times, happy times, sad times, mad times, glad times, fun times, icky times, troubling times, peaceful times. God is good ALL the time, and He has been so good to us! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...material and otherwise!!

No comments: