I heard somewhere that these are the longest days and shortest years of my life. I couldn't say it any better. There are some days when I just feel like "it" (substitute whatever bad preschooler behavior or attitude you like) will never end. But then a few months ago by, and I realize that "it" didn't really last all that long.
And then a year goes by...or three years go by.
Jordi is 13 1/2 months old; Ray just turned 3. It's amazing how much has happened in that time, and it's amazing how much you forget. When Ray was born, we were told time and time again...make sure to write everything down because you'll forget. And as a new parent, you honestly believe them to be wrong. It's such a magical time in your life; how could anyone ever forget a single second of it?
But it's true!
As time marches on, more and more happens. The memories begin to fade a little until something or someone reminds you of a specific event. What's even more amazing is how fast it begins to fade. Our girls are only two years apart, and I was shocked at how much I'd forgotten in that time when Jordi was born.
And today, I held in my arms a precious little soul who is only two days old....and again I was shocked at how little he was. My girls were never that little, were they?! The tiny little nose. The tiny little ears. The tiny little hands and feet.
Every once in awhile, I'll call to Ray using the word "baby" to which she always replies, "I not a baby. I Ray." And I tell her the same thing my parents told me when I was little...and yes, I remember hearing this from them..."No matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby."
If I could only put time in a bottle...
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment