Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, I guess

Yesterday was my birthday. (I'm not revealing how old I am, so don't ask.) And the older I get, the less I feel like celebrating. Yesterday was definitely not a fun day. Our kitchen faucet started to leak from the side, so that needs to be replaced. I had to take the dog to the vet because she hadn't eaten in five days. We're still waiting to hear from the vet about the results of her blood tests. She's eaten a little bit but not much. Then we found out that my in-law's adoption may not be going through after having the baby for the last four days. We don't know much more than that, and we pray this isn't the end of the story for them.

I am very grateful though for a hubby who knows how to make me smile after a difficult day. While I was working, he & the girls gave me a birthday card and present, which was totally unexpected. He picked up one of those fancy Rachel Ray knives, which is terrific! No, I'm not homicidal after today. :) I enjoy cooking immensley, but my equipment is less than great. He knows I've been coveting one of these knives for awhile, so it was a great surprise. The card from the girls was pretty cute too. Thank God for a hubby who manages to make me smile despite the chaos that has ruled our lives the past several weeks.

No comments: